Wow, 2012 is actually over. What an amazing year full of goodness, transition and making dreams come true. I officially became self-employed this past June and I have never looked back. I love the creative freedom of being my own boss and getting to work with so many incredible people, both near and far. This year has also been a great one personally. Spending time with friends has been so special. I have met so many great girls this year through work and book clubs and the Joy Money Club – I am so thankful to live in a city where people are so friendly and open. My family has been wonderful, supportive and inspiring. I am so lucky to have such great people surrounding me. Also, my brother’s girlfriend Morgan has been such a great addition to our clan. Another super creative brain to add to the mix, it has been awesome having a sister-like friend over the past year.
The holidays were so perfect this year. All of us holing up for three days at my parents house was amazing. So many great meals, thoughtful gifts and snuggling with the poodle. I can’t believe it is time to get back to real life. I was made for taking holidays, haha!
Over the holidays, I had a chance to think long and hard about how far I’ve come this past year and where I want to go in 2013. So many ideas and possibilities flowing to the surface – I can already tell this year will be full of projects and plans. I put together a short list of things I really want to accomplish this year. I feel like they are very attainable and look forward to completing them!
1. Organize my office and keep better track of my files. I need to figure out some better storage solutions for all of my crafting supplies, books and collections. My office sometimes feels super claustrophobic when it should feel inspiring. Looking forward to clearing out, cleaning up and packing up.
2. Write more. Is it possible? I think so. This will be my first FULL year of being self-employed and I want to do as much as I can to make it successful for me.
3. Move. This is SO not a fun goal to have but it is nearly time after feeling like we’ve outgrown our current space. Byron and I have decided that with all of our projects and hobbies, apartment people we are not. Unless of course, we found some massive brick-walled loft space – we need a house. So this is officially our call out to local friends, let us know of any houses going up for rent. Preferably, we would love to have a garage, basement and three bedrooms. And preferably between Hillhurst and Chinook.
4. Sew. Sewing is always on my list but I seriously want to get making some dresses this year. I’ve been so inspired by the projects I’ve seen on Pinterest lately and I’ve got a stack of great fabrics just begging to be stitched up.
5. Teach a class. Not sure what I want to teach yet and whom I will teach it to but it will for sure be something crafty!
What do you have planned for 2013? Would love to hear your plans and I hope we get to hang out!